The heads of several of Canada’s leading health-care organizations have written a strongly worded letter to the federal immigration minister, urging him to rescind plans to cut health services to refugees and refugee claimants.
“We are extremely concerned over the health impacts that this will have on the most vulnerable members of our society, many of whom will eventually become Canadian citizens,” the letter to Jason Kenney states.
It is signed by the heads of eight prominent health-care groups:
- The Canadian Association of Optometrists
- The Canadian Medical Association
- The Canadian Nurses Association
- The Canadian Association of Social Workers
- The Canadian Dental Association
- The Canadian Pharmacists Association
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada